WOOD-EATON, a parish in the hundred of Bullingdon, county Oxford, 4 miles N.E. of Oxford, near the river Cherwell. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £170. The Hall was once the seat of Taverner, lay preacher of Edward VI.'s reign. Roman urns and a coin of Cymbeline have been found here.The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
Maintained by Malcolm Austen.
© 2011 GENUKI and its trustees